Saturday, January 05, 2008

Happy New Year 2008

Happy New Year to everyone who is reading my blog..and thank you for reading my blog all these while :)

It's already the 5th day of the new year..and everything has been good so far.

It's my first time counting down with Mark on 31.12.07..I still remembered that on 31.12.06, I was on my trip to Cambodia and Mark sent me to the airport..He sms me on 1.1.07 and wishing me Happy New Year..He was telling me that he has a great resolution this year (ie 2007) and its concerning me..I roughly knew what was he talking about :p ..We officially became a lovely couple on 31.1.07, the day I graduated form my Dale Carnegie course..In another 4 weeks time, we will be celebrating our 1st year anniversary!

Mark and I were trying to recall what have we done during the year (2007)..I think we spent most of our time in the cinema, haha..We watched about 25 movies last year..wow, isnt that incredible...but we enjoyed it..and we had a chance to go for trips together (Langkawi, Bali, Kampar, Singapore)..we both met each other circle of friends and I would say, we both had blessings from everyone (family, relatives, church members, friends) on our relationship..most importantly, we wanted to thank God for everything.

I was reading my blog, especially what I have written one year ago, on my new year resolution..and wow..most of them had been achieved..

Career
2007:To have a stable career and be able to perform well; to have the continual spirit of learning..

I am still with my current company now..from Accounts Executive to Executive Secretary to GM and now, Executive Secretary to Senior Finance Manager..I am not sure what is my career vision for this year..I would very much like to go back to Accounting..waiting for good opportunities now.
Church ministries
2007:CG-This is my 2nd year being the CG leader..I hope by this year, I would be able to pass this 'baton' to the next leader who will continue to lead the group..Hope that I can become a good leader, be able to influence and set a good example to members in terms of spiritual growth..

I am still the CG leader this year..sigh..but really thank God for a fruitful year..our fellowship among each members were closer..Hopefully by end of this year, I can successfully pass this "baton" to the next leader :)
2007:Choir-I think this is my 9th year with choir..really grateful for al these years, especially learning & singing so many wonderful/meaningful songs..I hope that I will continue to be part of this big family as long as I can, until the day I am old and weary.

I actually quit choir in March'07..I was busy preparing for my final CPA paper and really could not allocate my time to attend choir practice..I did promise that I will go back to sing after my exam but I guessed, as months went by, I became lazy and eventually, I quit totally..I told myself I want to sing again in 2008, but again, due to some reasons, I have to say bye bye to choir.
2007:Sunday School-After resting for one year, I am back again this year, taking over the Std 1 children..My 8th year with SS..Hope that I can become a good SS teacher, to prepare for my lessons a week ahead of class and pray that I can build close relationship with the children.

Last year, I had a bunch of active students..but some of them were really cute and obedient..However, my serving as SS teacher wasn't good..I felt that I have not done my best and my commitment was not there..hence, I decided to take a break next year (2008) from SS..but then, I was asked to return back due to lacking of English SS teacher..and I agreed..Hopefully this year, I will be a better teacher..and I am also the secretary for SS committee..
2007:YM-my 4th year serving in the committee..and this year is a great challenge as I will be assisting May, as the vice president..heavy burdens especially to ensure YM is moving towards the right directions..Hope that God will grant me the wisdom and knowledge to serve together with the committees, in one heart, one soul, one mind, one might..
Being a vice president was not easy..have to set an example to all committees and members..sometimes find myself very lazy to attend most of the YM activities..I had the privilege to become the chairman for Sunday Service during Youth Sunday..and no doubt, I was nervous but thank God, I did well..This year (2008) I will be the secretary for YM (my 3rd time being secretary!)..lots of writing..hehe

Studies
2007:CPA-Well, I didn't manage to complete the program last semester..very sad and there's nothing I can do about it..will be re-taking the paper again coz this will be my final year in order to complete the program..time and efforts are all I needed..I hope I can pass the paper and once and for all, no more exams for me!

Yes..I did it! I passed the final paper and completed the program! Hooray, no more exams!

Family
2007: I have to say that lately, my contribution in the family is getting lesser and lesser..but then I really want to thank my parents and sister for their understanding..This year, my youngest sis will continue her studies..thus, I have to play much bigger role in the family..to ease my parents' burdens..hopefully, with good time management, I can gain a balance in family, studies, career, church ministries..

My dad left us end of the year and it was really sad..however, life goes on..I have to dedicate myself more to the family, especially to accompany my mum..pray that she will be healthy and strong.

Personal
2007:I hope that this year, after attending the Dale Carnegie course, my circle of friends will expand and be able to communicate with people around me, especially to new friends.
and I think its about the time to settle down with a stable relationship with my ultimate life partner..:)

ya, I think the course really helps..I am more open to strangers and to start a conversation with strangers..
and lastly, thank God for Mark..pray that God wil continue to bless us in times to come..

No comments: