Monday, September 18, 2006

Busy weekend

Once again, another busy weekend..didn't really have the chance to enjoy it..and now, Monday came..gotta hang on for another 5 days at work...
Last Saturday, I attended the 3rd YM committee meeting...and it was an extremely long meeting..4.5 hours..even longer than any other corporates AGM..why the meeting was so long?? because of some important discussions-YM structure for 2007 and nominations for YM 2007 committees..I would like to blog something on the nominations..
This year, I thanked God for giving me the opportunity to serve in YM, as the treasurer..(after 2 years being the secretary)..and for this year committee board, I would say, I had a wonderful time working together with them and also, the chance to know some of them deeper..especially with the president..besides, I had the pleasure of organising 2 major activities of the year-YM Iron Chef cooking competition and the incoming YM bible quiz..I had experienced God's presence and guidance..not forgetting the co-operations between the committees..well, I admitted that somewhere along the year, I did complain to God, why am I making myself so busy with YM activities? Why can't I become just a normal member? and at one time, I really wanted to tell God, I want to resign..But our God is a merciful God, He understand our wearies and He knew we are tired..He is willing to listen to our complaints/prayers/dissatisfaction etc..and I guessed this is the reason/force for me to overcome all the negatives factors..
However, the nominations on last Saturday wasn't quite smooth...most of the present committees had voiced out their feeling and would like to withdraw themselves from next year's board of committees..well some of them do have valid reasons..some of them would want to have more personal time and therefore, couldn't commit themselves..imagine, out of 14 current committees, only 5 left for the nominations..and I am one of them...actually, I, too wanted to tell God, I would like to withdraw myself as well..but then after hearing from the rest of them, I felt embarrassed to say no to God..coz there is no reason for me to say No..I will still be around next year, nothing major changes in my life for next year (unless any unforeseen circumstances arise), and I can still serve..God wants to use me..Therefore, when my name was being nominated for vice president, secretary and treasurer, I accepted all of them, quietly..:P
One of the reason why I accepted the post for vice president is because I wanted to show my support to May, who has been nominated to be the president for next year (currently the YM president)..I wanted to let her know that
she is not alone..and though my name was up for president too, but I felt I am not ready and eligible for it..thus I declined..so May..don't be discourage..you had been doing a wonderful job this year..keep it up..
Finally, after a long day of meeting, I didn't really have the mood and strength to study...instead, I spent the night in front of the pc..and special thank to a fren, Mark, who had sent me 2 nice songs thru web..and also helping me to search for one of my favourite song, 'Air' by Bach..
The next day, it was our church CG 12th anniversary celebration..all CG leaders and co-leaders presented a song and it was good..though most of them are not from the choir group, but they sang well..I had been a CG co-leader for 2 years, and this year, I was 'promoted' to CG leader..well..this is not an easy task..but then I am grateful for my CG members..especially for this year, God had blessed us so much..
After the Sunday service, I went to KLIA with some CG members, to say bye bye to Jacqlyn, who had joined us for less than 2 months..she is leaving for Hong Kong..so next time, I will have free accommodation if ever I visit her in HK..the journey to KLIA was fun, coz everyone in the car were chatting, joking and laughing..haha..and one member was so eager to have lunch at Eden, a HK style restaurant, and expensive...but then, we ended up at Burger King..personally, I don't quite like the burgers, find the bread a bit too thick..haha..
Then, on our way to the carpark, after sending Jacqlyn away, we met this funny fat man (sorry for addressing him in this manner..) at the lift..he was catching time I guessed...the door of the lift couldn't be close, and he was furious..then he saw someone outside, pressing the button, so he scolded them.."eh..jangan tekan..nanti pintu tak boleh tutup..ini macam, satu jam pun tak boleh keluar"..as he was saying that, he looked at us, sort of like explaining to us why he scolded them..haha..my friends and I tried not to laugh..then when the lift stopped at his destination, he suddenly turned to b a polite man, slowly asking his aunty to go out of the lift and led her to the carpark..haha..totally 2 different person...then I was near the controller buttons, and didn't realise I was actually pressing the door closed button..so my friend imitated the man.."eh jangan tekan, nanti ini macam, satu jam pun tak boleh keluar''..haha..terrible..and we just can't stopped laughing..
There goes my weekend..though tired but then it was fun..

No comments: