Saturday, September 30, 2006

Busy Saturday

Finally, YM election had over..and as expected, I was voted as the Vice President for 2007 YM Committee board..and haha..a fren of mine owed me an expensive dinner..and May..thanks for the comforting and sisterly hug..
The election was quite smooth..juz tat the attendance wasn't good..we were expecting at least 51 members, but ended up with 47..quite closed..Next year, there will be 10 committees in the board and, surprisingly, it was comprised of 8 sisters and 2 precious brothers...where are the brothers..hmm..only God knows..It will be a challenging job for me..especially more meetings to attend and responsibilities are getting heavier..pray that God will continue to grant me wisdom, knowledge and strenth to serve..to be able to taste His grace and mercies..
Today, it was my last day in accounts department..as Accounts Executive..from next Monday onwards..I will be the Executive Secretary to General Manager..pretty exciting yet scary..scary in the sense that I am not so familiar with my GM's style and for the past few months..I hardly talk to him..and now..I gotta work closely with him..Hopefully, I am not just an ordinary secretary..instead, I really hope I can assist him in many ways as possible..
So, from today onwards, I gotta shift to my new place, 3 tables away from my current place..sitting next to my MD's secretary..and I can see that she wasnt happy with this new neighbour of hers..well..she memang like that wan..perhaps she felt a little bengang of my new title coz no official memo was issued..and previously, she was assisting the GM..now that I have taken over her duties..maybe she felt uncomfortable or what..anyway, I will just do my best..sometimes, working with people really needs lots of EQ, patience, tolerance and integrity.
As usual, I bathed my 2 pets..and had chance to take nap before the elcetion..however, it was a short nap coz I was awaken by mum...asking me to take the cat to the vet..for deworming..unreluctantly, I obeyed..mum so sayang the cat..and care less about the dog..pitiful..nevermind..zhai, you still have me..
October is here..which means a month to go before my exam..will be attending 2 workshops mid of October..and was a little disappointed as my study leaves was turned down by the management..from 4 days to 2 days..reasons being I gotta be standby to backup Malay and Indian colleagues..my previous company allowed me to take more than 2 weeks of leaves..kinda missed that..
Tommorrow will be a busy day..attending church, lunch date..badminton game and wedding dinner..hope that I am energetic enough..

No comments: