Date: 14.6.08 (Saturday)
Venue: Manhanttan Fish Market, JJ AEON Bukit Tinggi
Time: 7pm
Attendees: (Standing, from left to right) Aik Yong, Chee Khuen, Kin Keong, Brian, Hang Khume, Jin Seong, Chia Chee, Chee Seng, Wah Fong
(Sitting, from left to right) Boon Eng, Mei Chin, Ei Lin, Ai Leng, Edel, Ai May, Sze Ping, Bei Li, Swee Keng
Project Manager: Edel
Weeks ago, I received an email regarding the gathering on 14.6.08. Actually the planning started months ago, when Edel posted an announcement in Friendster, informing all class of '92 that there will be a Primary friends reunion going on..Initially, I was reluctant to join, why? I havent been seeing most of them for more than 15 years..I am actually a bit worry and nervous to meeting them again, especially after so many years, things had changed..I did not continue my Standard 6 in Hin Hua school..in fact, I changed school without telling them, even my closest friend, Boon Eng. I guessed they must be really surprised, not seeing me on the first day of school. But I am glad I decided to attend this gathering, it was so happy to see 17 of my long lost friends that night, catching up with each other.
I met up with Boon Eng first, coz I didnt want to walk into the restaurant alone..hehe..As I was walking towards Lavender bakery shop, I saw this guy, chatting on handphone and at the same time, smiled at me..I roughly guessed that he must be one of my primary friend but I couldnt remember his name.. So I just smiled back at him and told him I am on my way to meet Boon Eng first. Boon Eng was waiting for me, together with Wah Fong & Swee Keng. (I was a lil surprised to know that both of them are couple a year ago..guessed I must have missed alot of things during Std 6 moments)
Together, we walked to Manhattan Fish Market. Edel had booked a long table, able to cater 20+ people..She managed to negotiate with the Manager and managed to get 10% off too..good job! There I met Edel, Bei Li, Sze Ping, Ai May, Chee Khuen & Chee Seng (that guy that I met earlier) Then slowly, one by one, more and more familiar faces walked in..Some even came all the way from Singapore and Kulai..wow. Among the 18 of us, 3 had married and 2 of them had kid. Aik Yong, who is getting married on 5/7/08, even brought his "red bomb" to the gathering, grab hold of this opportunity to invite us to witness and share his Big day. I didnt really has the chance to chat with everyone but overall..I can say that this gathering has been a successful one..and everyone seem to be able to click with each other again..I guessed the next time when we have this gathering again, there will be more members, including their children..then it will be so much fun and exciting!
Please click here for more pictures.
Let's wait for that day to come.
3 comments:
Hey there,
I am glad that you came for the gathering, good to see you again after all these years.
we din manage to talk muc but still it is good to catch up. hope you had a good time.
Ah haha, Let bygones be bygones. Good to see you too. Just let the Std 6 Mystery be a Mystery forever...
Edel: Thanks again for organising..its not easy to be the event planner.
Aik Yong: can't really interpret what you are trying to say ler..anyway, in short, we have fun
Post a Comment