Monday, April 23, 2007

What a friend I have at home

Have you listen to this song "What a friend I have in Jesus"? It is a nice song with meaningful lyrics..I do have a good friend at home too, my dog-Zhai Zhai

I guessed if you are my frequent blog reader, you might have heard of him..Zhai Zhai has been with us for 5 years..from a small puppy til the muscular adult dog now..The name Zhai Zhai was given by my mum, perhaps because she has 3 daughters, no son, so decided to give him that name.

As usual, every morning, he will sneak into the house (if given the chance), go straight to the kitchen and lie under the dining table..so this morning, I was preparing my breakfast, and as I turned around, saw Zhai sitting obediently beside me..he must have smelt the sausages..I gave him a tap on his head and hug him (coz I just showered him yesterday, so he smells good).Then, he observed me..from walking towards the microwave, to the water tap, wrapping the bread with sausages..its just so funny and cute to see him sitting there, turned his head and giving you that kinda look-to ask for a share from my breakfast..so, I gave him a small portion of sausages..

Then, I went upstairs to my room..as I came down again, Zhai wasn't in the kitchen anymore..and guessed where was he?? lying comfortably on the sofa..wow, if my mum saw that, he is going to get scolding and probably, caned by mum..so quickly, I chased him out of the house and took him for a short walk before leaving for work..My Monday morning was indeed enlightened by Zhai Zhai..

It is good to have pets at home..especially dogs...Zhai Zhai brings laughter and fun to our family..the fact that he is just an animal, but believe it or not, he understands our feeling, instructions etc..mum always said, dogs are just like us, human, only thing is that they couldn't speak..by the way, my cat ran away from home a month ago, reported lost! My parents did send Zhai Zhai to look for the cat but, he is nowhere to be seen..kinda sad..so we told Zhai, "you are still the best, no matter how far you go, you still remember to come home.." haha...funny isn't it..

I would say my relationship with dog is closer than the rest of my family members..so Mum said to me, "next time when you get married, remember to bring the dog with me to my new family." she has been thinking too much..haha


No comments: